Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Why painting is not the major for me
Everything that has happened today has taught me I should NOT become a painter. First it started at lecture, where the speaker, although interesting, was practically speaking another language. The examples he showed as "beginner" work, were way better than anything I could think of creating. I have never worked with paints before besides one color wheel and one oil painting I did in 12th grade. My school always stuck to dry forms of medium, because they are not as easily wasted by negligent children. Then came to my critique in 2-D where I was blown away by some of the acrylic game boards I saw. I have never been very good at craft or painting beautifully straight lines no matter how hard I try-although I will probably never gain a career in painting, I do hope to practice with it more and improve my skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment