Monday, January 24, 2011

Photo Trip

My experience taking photos was very bizarre.  My bike messenger friend and I went biking around the city taking photos of places he used to live and various other places that are nostalgic to him.  Sadly, I dropped my camera destroying it as well as the photos it held.  So tonight, in the freezing cold I decided I wanted to take pictures of various graffiti art located around the city because I personally believe that is one of the most beautiful aspects of Philadelphia.  I also focused on my other love, bikes.  I always inspect every bike I pass anyways but this time I captured it in photo form.  For my found objects, most things I came across were nasty trash but a few things held artistic purpose (ex. a ticket stub outside of the Kimmel Center).  I really enjoyed this experience because although people stared at me like a freak as I stood taking a picture of a vandalized trash can, I got to take the time to analyze art that is normally overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment