Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Punk Rawk

For my 2-D project I had to make a collage that mimicked a pattern of behavior.  When I get stressed, I go to concerts and go into mosh pits.  The project is 4ft by 5ft, the background is a large ink drawing of a concert I attended.  I printed other photos of concerts I went to onto transparent paper then laid them down in a radiating pattern.  The second part of the assignment was to take a photo of it in the environment it belonged to, aka a concert.  First I went to my friends  house show and attempted to take a picture, this ended with a collage torn all around the edges.  The show was too small and too rough for the assignment.  I duct taped a black boarder around to make up for the damage and brought it to another concert, which was much more spacious.  This proved to be a much more fitting venue for the assignment, despite the poor lighting and very dark images produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment